Here’s my weekly post sharing about what’s going on in the world of RecipeGirl, as well as some fun links to things I’ve come across lately. So here it goes: following are 10 things to share with you this week- everything from recipes to shopping to a few fun articles and more. There are a few affiliate links included here and there. Enjoy!
Kid-Friendly Dinner Recipes!
- My Beef Burrito Casserole is super easy to make, and kids seem to love it.
- Who doesn’t love French Bread Pizza? It’s so easy to just add desired toppings or leave it all cheese.
- My Mom’s Taco Recipe is one that I had when I was growing up, and I make it for my own family now.
- Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders are always a kid favorite. And you can serve them with Homemade Ranch Dressing!
- Ravioli Lasagna is another easy, family friendly favorite.
- Pineapple Pork Tenderloin is a very popular recipe, and kids love this one too.
Fun Shopping Finds:
- This dress (sale) with tiny hearts on it is so cute!
- I’ve been eyeing this knit coat (sale).It looks so cozy.
- Check out this eyelet shirt (sale) in pink, white or black. So pretty!
- This cardigan (sale) is really cute. I can’t stop looking at it.
- I’m just about ready to pull the trigger on these sandals. Aren’t they darling?
- This cutie-pie robe (sale) is cheap, cheap, cheap!
- This sweater would look cute with faux leather (or real leather) pants!
- I really love this plaid patchwork jacket. It’s so different!
Instagram accounts to follow:
What I’m watching and reading:
- We finished watching The English on Amazon Prime. Loved it! It’s a western style drama, and it has violence in it (in case you don’t like that). Although it’s in English, we found that we needed to watch it with the subtitles ON so we didn’t miss some of the conversation. The way they speak is a bit “old-timey” so it’s helpful to have the extra words to help out. I loved that it was a bit different than the shows we usually watch.
- I also just finished listening to the audiobook of Last Summer on State Street by Toya Wolfe. I really liked this novel set in the summer of 1999 in Chicago’s projects and gang culture. And the narrator was fabulous.
Fun Recipes I’ve spotted on the internet this week:
- Can we eat Strawberry Dole Whip for breakfast?
- Salami Cream Cheese Roll-Ups would be a good one for Super Bowl Sunday.
- Tuscan Tortellini Soup looks good for dinner!
- I’ve wanted to make this Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Cake forever.
- Oh gosh… and this Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey White Russian. Yum!
Here’s what’s going on in my life:
- Not much has been going on around here. Just going through drawers, etc. and cleaning everything out. I read something recently where someone shared that if things have been in your drawers or cabinets for a year or more, you’re not going to use them. So I’ve got that in my head as I get rid of things!
- Barrett Jackson (fancy car auction) begins tonight. My husband is a “car guy,” so we’re going to the opening gala. We won’t be buying any cars, but it’s fun to look around (and people-watch).
Catch up on food-related news of the week:
- New cookbook release: The complete Mediterranean Diet Cookbook: 1800 Vibrant, Healthy and Tasty Mediterranean recipes with 60-Day Meal Plans To Start your Mediterranean Journey with Ease. This diet encourages an eating pattern that includes the food staples of people who live in the countries around the Mediterranean Sea, such as Spain, Greece, Italy and France. It also focuses on community when eating — think meals with family and friends and enjoyable conversation. I’ve never focused on eating a Mediterranean diet, but I’m interested in learning more.
- Here are the 22 Best Kitchen Gadgets You Need to Own.
- Why Starbucks Employees Hate “Pay it Forward” Lines.
- Ben Affleck spotted working at Dunkin Donuts!
- Inflation continues to cool, but food prices remain stubborn.
Products I’m loving:
- This is my favorite slow cooker.
- Cute heart necklace for Valentine’s Day.
- Look for Mission Almond Flour Tortillas at your market. They’re pretty good! And they have fewer carbs than the carb balance tortillas.
- With the airlines the way they are now, you need an Airtag Tracker so you can keep an eye on where your bags are!
- Herb Scissors are kind of amazing to use in the kitchen when cooking with fresh herbs.
- This is kind of a genius idea > the Never Soggy Cereal Bowl!
- Look for Cup4Cup Gluten Free Flour. It’s sold on Amazon, but you can also buy it at Whole Foods or some grocery stores. It’s the best GF flour I’ve found, and it works wonderfully in recipes as a sub for all purpose flour.
- I have one of these roll-up dish drying racks, and let me tell you that it’s fabulous!
Bake this week:
- Bake an Apple Cream Cheese Coffee Cake to enjoy with …. coffee, hot chocolate or tea!
- The Tunnel of Fudge Cake is always a hit!
- Bake some Peanut Butter S’Mores Turnovers. They’re a great after-school snack.
Next Week’s Recipes:
- On RecipeGirl: Low Fat Banana Bread, Pistachio Baked Salmon, Nutella Thumbprint Cookies
- On RecipeBoy: Pizza Fries
- On RecipesForHolidays: Kentucky Bourbon Blondies for National Blonde Brownie Day
Have a wonderful week!