This Cranberry Sage Cocktail is re-created from Seasons 52, one of my favorite restaurants. It was a leap of faith and Im so glad I tried it; its one of my favorite holiday libations!
A few years ago I had the pleasure of being invited to dinner at the Seasons 52 restaurant near me in Park Meadows; a large shopping complex north of where I live. A friend and I enjoyed an amazing lunch and the restaurant was gracious enough to provide me with the recipe for the cocktail we enjoyed so that I could re-create it and share it here.
That did not happennot that the drink wasnt fabulous but I had one concern and Im glad I checked. It was late in the cranberry season and since this was a Cranberry Sage Cocktail I thought it behooved me to check on the availability of one of my favorite berries.
Good thing toothe season was waning and I was told at three different places that it would not be a given that shoppers would still be able to find fresh cranberries. I punted, did a wonderful layered goat cheese appetizer instead and saved that cocktail until laterand then forgot about it!
No time like the present right? This Cranberry Sage Cocktail is so good and so beautiful and just perfect for the season were in; I know youll love it too.
Im certainly not late this time around; as a matter of fact the timing couldnt be better since this cocktail is perfect throughout the holiday season and would be a beautiful addition to your holiday tables; while I might serve it for Thanksgiving as well, I think the color and flavors are also perfect for Christmas and through the New Year.
Im reminded too of how much I enjoyed that trip to Seasons 52 and need to get back soon. The name is not just a moniker, they truly change their menu with the seasons. Their menu offerings combine fresh ingredients with fantastic presentations and will leave you wanting for more.
This cocktail was a hit and Im hoping will be back in their rotation every holiday season but if youre not near one or are like me right now, sitting in your fuzzy robe trying to ward off the chill, make one of these Cranberry Sage Cocktail from Seasons 52 at home and Ill join you. Cheers!
PIN IT! Cranberry Sage Cocktail
- 4 blanched cranberries (cook in boiling water just until you hear the first one pop; remove and put into iced water immediately)
- 1 sage leaf
- 1/2 oz simple syrup (boil equal parts water and sugar til sugar dissolves, remove from heat and cool)
- 2 oz white cranberry juice
- 2 oz gin (I used Prairie Organic Gin which is what Seasons 52 also uses)
- 1 lime wedge
- Fresh Cranberries
- Sage leaves
- Muddle the cranberries and sage in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add the simple syrup, cranberry juice and gin and fill with ice. Squeeze the lime wedge over the contents and add the lime to the shaker..
- Shake approximately 10 times until container is ice cold.
- Fill glasses with ice and strain cocktail over ice to fill. Garnish with additional cranberries.
Amount Per Serving Calories 454 Total Fat 1g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 17mg Carbohydrates 86g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 22g Sugar 37g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 3g