DIY Mother’s Day gifts are a great way to show your love and appreciation for the special woman in your life. Here are some creative and heartfelt ideas that she is sure to love.
Mother’s Day is coming up soon! Have you found the perfect gift for your mom yet? If you’re on a budget or simply want to make a more personal gesture, creating a DIY Mother’s Day gift can be a great option.
What are some common DIY Mother’s Day gift ideas?
Sentimental gifts: Gifts that require a lot of thought and effort are always very touching and meaningful to moms.
- Photos are quite popular for gifts. Photos of you and your mother placed in DIY picture frames or displayed in an unusual way would be nice.
- Reuse something she holds dear (with permission of course). Turn one of her father’s ties into pouch to hold jewelry or her grandmother’s handkerchief into a pillow cover.
- Hobby gifts: Create something she can use for her favorite hobby.
Relaxation gifts: All mothers enjoy a little pampering!
- Create a DIY spa kit with candles, bath salts and a super comfy robe.
- Personalize a pair of slippers for her.
- Jewelry gifts: Jewelry can make a beautiful gift that can be worn for years to come, such as a birthstone necklace, bracelet, or earrings.
Are you starting to get inspired to make your mom a DIY Mother’s Day gift this year? Get some specific ideas on this list below and make her day really special!
What mom doesn't love pretty soaps? Learn how to decoupage on soap using this unique tutorial! Such a simple project, anyone can do it.
Learn how to make paper earrings using a die cutter or a craft knife - seal them with Mod Podge! Mom won't believe you made them yourself.
Decorate this DIY butterfly jewelry box with your favorite papers and Mod Podge; it makes the perfect Mother’s Day craft for the mom who has everything!
Use your favorite photos to make custom Mod Podge coasters – because DIY coasters make perfect gifts! These picture coasters are inexpensive and easy to make.
Learn how to create a DIY plate display on a budget! In this project I used vintage photos for the perfect Mother’s Day gift.
Learn how to make DIY picture blocks use craft paint, photos, and Mod Podge. This is really easy, and a fun gift idea!
Learn how to make a personalized photo vase with simple materials from Home Depot! This is the coolest project, with unique results.
Learn how to make a DIY picture bracelet using a blank along with some Dimensional Magic! This is easy and makes a great gift.
Learn how to make a photo pendant the easy way! Attach to a necklace or bracelet for simple DIY jewelry that makes a great handmade gift idea.
This wooden ring box is an easy woodworking project to make. You'll want to keep it for yourself, so maybe make 2 so you and your mom can have matching boxes!
Learn how to make the cutest handprint art with kids! This canvas is a fun project for a classroom activity or Mother's Day.
Did you enjoy this list of DIY Mother’s Day gifts? Then you should check out these other DIY gift ideas for your loved ones:
- DIY Notebook in a Matter of Minutes!
- Unique Decoupage Jewelry Projects
- How to Transfer Photos to Wood
- DIY Marbled Mugs with Nail Polish (with Video!)
- Unique Coloring Book DIY Name Plaque